Sony Ericsson Xperia ray – USB Drivers
Are you struggling to connect your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray to your computer because it is not getting detected? While trying to root/flash stock ROM/Recovery or Flash Custom Recovery like TWRP/CWM or flash custom ROM on your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray?
Then you are at the right place; here, we have shared Sony Ericsson Xperia ray USB Drivers. Download and install the latest USB Drivers to fix all issues.
As Sony Ericsson Xperia ray is an Android device, you do not need USB Drivers for simple tasks such as Transferring Photos, Videos, Files, USB Driver for that are already installed on your computer.
However, if you plan to do modifications like rooting, you need to download the USB Drivers.
Sony Ericsson Xperia ray was released on 2011, August with Android 2.3, up to 4.0.4. It sports a 3.3" screen with a resolution of 480x854 pixels, and 1GB storage, microSDHC slot, 512MB RAM paired with Snapdragon S2, and a 1500mAh Li-Ion Battery.
Sony Ericsson Xperia ray USB Drivers Download
There are different types of USB Drivers for every phone, and each serves another purpose. Read the information below drivers to find the correct one for your device.
ADB Drivers - For Rooting, Flashing, Debugging and more
Through ADB, we can control android devices by sending commands from the computer.
Download and install this USB Driver if you want to unlock the bootloader, root, flash custom/stock ROM or flash stock/custom recovery on your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray.
|Driver Name:||Sony Ericsson Xperia ray ADB Drivers|
|Driver Size:||8 MB|
|Installation Guide:||Follow these Instructions|
How to Install Sony Ericsson Xperia ray USB Drivers
Installing Sony Ericsson Xperia ray ADB Drivers
Follow the steps below to install the latest Sony Ericsson USB Drivers for Xperia ray.
- Download the driver from the link above and unzip.
- Press "Windows Button + R" simultaneously and then on the “Run” window, type “devmgmt.msc” and click the “OK” button.
- Select “DESKTOPXXX” or “LAPTOPXXX” and then click on “Action” and then select “Add legacy hardware.”
- A new window will open, click “Next” and then choose the second option.
- Choose “Show All Devices” and then click the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Have Disk” button, a new window will pop up on your screen.
- Click on the “Browser” button and then locate the driver’s folder that you unzipped in step one and then select “android_winusb.inf” and click the “Open” button.
- After the window closes, click on the “OK” button on the top right.
- Select “Android ADB Interface” and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now the driver is ready to be installed, click the “Next” button to install the driver finally.
- You will see “Android ADB Interface” under Android Device in Device Manager. Restart your computer and then plug in your smartphone.
Troubleshooting Sony Ericsson Xperia ray not detected by the computer
The most common mistake people make is not selecting the appropriate USB mode:
Plugin your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray to your computer and then unlock your smartphone; you will see “Charging via USB”. This message can be different; click it and then choose “File Transfer” or any other mode that you want to use.
You will see your device on the computer.
If you do not see your device, it can be due to one of the following problems.
- Faulty USB Port - The USB Port might not be working; if you are on a desktop, try a USB Port from the back of your CPU.
- Faulty USB Cable - Try a different Cable.
- USB Port Jammed - Your Phone’s USB Port might be jammed, and therefore the cable is not able to make contact with your smartphone. Clean the port with a toothpick and try again.