MTP stands for “Media Transfer Protocol.” MTP is is a standard protocol that most mobile devices use to communicate with a pc or a laptop.
Do you know how to get photos from your Android device to your PC? If yes, then you would have used the MTP feature of your phone.
Once you connect your phone to a computer, a popup will appear on your phone, click on MTP, and your phone will show up in My Computer, just like an external storage device.
But, if your phone doesn’t show up on PC after selecting MTP, you can try installing the following driver.
MTP Drivers Download for Android
NOTE: This driver is already included in Windows 7 and later versions of Windows. The following driver needs to be installed in WINDOWS XP ONLY.
|Driver Name:||MTP Porting Kit|
|Driver Size:||6.44 MB|
|Installation Guide:||Follow these Instructions|
How to Install MTP Driver?
- Download the driver from the link above and run “mttpk12.exe”.
- Windows installer will pop up on your screen; click Next.
- Accept the license agreements and then click Next.
- If you would like to change the installation location, choose a new installation location by clicking the Browse button and then click Next.
- In the next window, click Install. Once the driver is installed, restart your computer and connect your phone.
Over to you
MTP is a media transfer protocol that helps transfer files from a PC/Laptop to an Android smartphone. It’s a commonly used protocol for most Android devices.
If you’re facing any problems related to MTP, feel free to comment in the comments section below. We will try to help you out.